Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Animals!

When I sat down to start thinking of ideas of how to mix animals to make a completely new one, I decided that 1) I wanted to be completely creative. 2) I wanted my new animals to be humorous.

This was my first animal, I had the most fun making this one, I think it's a little humerous. All I did was take the wings of a bat and put them on the back of an elephant and colored in the wings to make it look like it was part of the elephant. The tail is a feather duster, Once i put it behind the elephant I thought it made for a good tail for this animal.












This was animal #2... Yes that is a Giraffe's head, and yes that is a dauchsand's body. For my second animal I knew that I wanted to mix a larger animal with a smaller animal because I felt like the complete opposite porportions would be funny. The only problem I had with making this animal is that I couldn't figure out how to mix colors between then dog's body and the giraffe's head, I tried several things but everything looked crappy and done by a sixth grader, so at the end of the day i decided to leave the two seperate peices their own color.









I liked this project, it was probably one of my favorite from this class. It was frustrating when my first animal didn't save right but overall i'm happy with what i made.

No comments:

Post a Comment